Wednesday 25 April 2012

Another dashing gig

Well actually this time it was more akin to a trot. Having booked tickets for myself and Mr Tenses number two offspring to see the ever improving Oli Brown at the Stables, I found I was having to travel to Barnsley for the day on a site visit.

In order to ensure I returned to Milton Keynes in time for a much welcome evening meal at the delightful Tense Towers and get to the gig in time, I had to emphasise to my Yorkshire hosts the latest feasible train I needed to catch in order I got back to Bedford in enough time to drive the short distance to MK.

It had been a long day, given I had be up at 05:00 to ensure I got to Bedford in time to park and catch the 06:30 train. I then spent the day trudging around various parks and green spaces in what can only be described as a torrential monsoon,followed by a lengthy meeting. Needless to say, it was a struggle to keep my eyes open by the evening. But thanks to a terrific set by Oli Brown there was no danger of me nodding off! He played almost every track from his superb new album 'Here I Am' and its great to see him do his party piece walking around the audience in the auditorium playing to them.


Roll on the Bedford Rhythm Festival in August when he'll be appearing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment