Monday 19 March 2012

A musical dilemma

For the past few months, I have been trying to master playing the unplugged acoustic version of the Robert Johnson song 'Rambling on My Mind' covered by innumerable people in various styles. The version I am closest to mastering is that played by Eric Clapton in this clip here:


However, I have also become rather interested in trying to play either of the following. Both have thier good points and I think in the second of the following two clips they actually play it better than 'God'! My preferences lean toward the second version.



2 comments:

  1. As a failed strummer and a wannabe harmonica player, with a preference for the older, non-electric style of blues, my vote goes to the first clip.
    PS. have you seen live, or listen to Rick Payne. He might be the style of player you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm not come across him - this prompts another venture into the wonders of YouTube then.

    ReplyDelete