Sunday 25 March 2012

Post-consumable fibres

This was the funniest thing I read all week! While on my way home, after day one of working at a three day exhibition, so desperate for a caffeine fix before boarding my train, I dashed into the first coffee shop I saw in the newly opened Kings Cross Station concourse. Not ideal, as it was a branch of one of those celestial American monetary chains, but needs as must in this case.

The good news is at least the brew was hot - very hot! Unable to hold the cup, I was given one of the small corrugated cardboard sleeves to slip over the outside. It was this which had written on it several long winded pieces of consumer information, all I guess in an effort to make themselves sound out of this world as a purveyor of fine coffee. The funniest read: 'This product has been made from 60% post-consumable fibres' What tosh! What is wrong with: 'made from 60% recycled material'? Still it amused me no end that someone was paid to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment