Sunday 22 January 2012

Have I died and gone to heaven or is it a dream?

Now some people might be wishing I had. However, after a lovely morning participating in some practical conservation work, I'd got home and proceeded to get a few chores done prior to an evening out to see the Packhorse Players of Sutton's interpretation of Robinson Crusoe. Having seen it the night before I did wonder a little if I would enjoy the performance a second time round. Fears were unfounded - it was indeed a much better performance than Friday. 'Oh, yes it was'

As you may have read from my Blogarohia post, I have been without Internet all week save for occasional access through my mobile to that well know network Facebook. It was via that very network, I suddenly realised it was half time and my team not surprisingly were losing at home to the Mags (Newcastle) 0-1.

It was just after that, the combination of a long busy week, late night and long morning must have caught up with me and I fell asleep for a while. Waking some half hour or so later, I checked the score and was confused to read: Fulham 3-1 Newcastle. Thinking there was still something wrong with the Internet connection on my phone and still not fully awake from my snooze, I checked again and refreshed the screen. This time it read 4-1!! By now I was definately confused so I tried to refresh it again and this time it read 4-2!

I scrolled to and fro through the minute by minute match summary, and it was beggining to dawn on me that I'm either dreaming or that in heaven, Fulham win all their matches! No wait a minute, yes I can see penalty - Danny Muphy levels the score, Clint Dempsey makes it 2-1 and again 3-1. Then Bobby Zamora with another penalty and then they pull a goal back. Then, it refreshes on me and its that man Dempsey again - scores with his left, scores with his right and makes Drogba look shite! Its now 5-2. Or is it?.........................

Demsey celebrates  (c from FFC website)
I start having an FB conversation with Mitch Laddie a brilliant blues guitarist from Newcastle who was posting about the poor performance of his team. Asking if he's playing any gigs to promote his new 'Burning Bridges' album he told me to check his website (well he could have told me to do something else in veiw of the football).

I let him know I would, once I get Internet access back. I decide a little while later to give it a go regardless. It was then I discovered I had Internet once again on my phone at least and those nerds at Beatie were giving misinformation again.

The new album cover as advertised on Mitch's website

No comments:

Post a Comment