Sunday 22 January 2012

Blogarohia

Those of you who've taken the time to follow my recent ramblings will have been pleased no doubt by the lack of inane posts. I bet you was even thinking 'oh good, he's gone away, I knew it wouldn't last'.

There is, and maybe was a reason for that, all down to the incompetence of a well know communications company. Such has been my frustration of having no Internet access for the past week, I have a whole load of new blogs to relate, so brace yourselves for it.

Prior to Christmas, I'd been having a running battle with Beatie over a change in my telephone number, broken telephones, broken Broadband, provision of a new service facility for an already existing identical service and just about every other conceivable permutation of incompetence.

This string of incidents occurred before starting my blog site and I thought I'd missed the boat in terms of humour at my expense. However, it turns out, I was not to be disappointed and all was not lost.

At the start of last week, I finally cracked and had enough of not being able to get Internet access some evenings, because everyone else was at it and the pipes were bunged up! I made the mistake of calling Beatie as according to their old adverts 'its good to talk'. They tweaked the speed at which I could get on line OK but I later noticed I couldn't actually open any web browsers. I also noticed the same situation on my IPhone. After the incident last year, I realised this could be serious and be something to do again with the Broadband in the area.

'Its good to talk'

The situation was still the same the next day so I tried to report the fault. Was told there's nothing wrong and later when finding the situation still the same called again!! Its an amazing way to pass ones time of an evening trying to hold a conversation with someone in India. You can barely understand them and they cannot understand you.

The upshot of all my phone calls was 'your router is broke'. You'll get a new one by Friday morning. Did I duck? I tried to complain and request compensation on my bill (you'll notice the word association link between this and the last sentence) for lack of Broadband service, but I couldn't understand what they were really on about. It was beginning to drive me quackers!

Then as if by some miracle, I suddenly notice late on Saturday afternoon my phone was again receiving Internet access again! I later tried the computer and it works again albeit a bit slow (but that's Microsoft for you). It continues to work today and so I have a few blogs now to catch up on, hence the title.

What's more, my discussions and exchanges with Beattie will no doubt continue this coming week - what joy. So there'll be a guaranteed supply of blogarhia still to come. I must say it gets lonely of an evening when you don't have to phone them and since the last incident, I had been quite missing my little evening chats with various people from the Indian in-competence.

'The builders' Fawlty Towers

Check out the last 15 seconds of the clip and imagine a BT Hub

1 comment:

  1. Why did you duck? Not enough Max Headroom?

    I did appreciate the foreshadowing of your next post with the inclusion of a Quakers reference :o)
    Just how many rubbish football teams are there in the North East?

    ReplyDelete