Friday 6 January 2012

If architects had brains

I seem to be getting carried away with myself here, two posts on my first day - steady on!

I learned today, that despite given best advice, an anonymous group of architects on an anonymous project, at a supposed sustainable development site, decided not to re-locate the nest provisions indicated on their plans to an appropriate place. Instead they're to stay where specified and be of no use to any bird.

Optimistically, its been recommended that being the case they should all be bat bricks, which will at least benefit something in need.

What's more I pity the poor brickies putting them in, as all but one is in timber cladding. Had they been moved to the appropriate location advised that would not have been the case.


Obviously, these architects have no wish to understand the requirements of wildlife from those who know, or have any idea about what's involved in putting these things in.

I'm off now for a lie down and a rest as I don't want to be seen to overdo things.

2 comments:

  1. Too many vested interests instead of nested ones :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes quite.You know what they say 'the client is always right'. Just proves what a farce the BEEAM assessment scheme is, as they'll get credits for it.

    ReplyDelete