Tuesday 24 January 2012

Birthday plans afoot

I have a growing theory that as you get older your ability to do stupid things increase. Often they are unintentional and sometimes intentional. On this occasion it falls into the latter category.

Recently, there have been some thoughts passing through my mind (with the size of mine, it tends not to take long), regarding two interesting events on the same day as my birthday.

Captain logic says, it is only sensible to do one or the other depending I guess on where your allegiances lay. However, there is also the issue that as a male, we are notorious for being incapable at making a decision.

Now what do I do when one event happens to be in London during the afternoon and the other Birmingham in the evening and there's about 2 hours travel time between the two venues. The answers obvious because there's an element of fun and the 'cock-up' factor is VERY high, I will go to both. I do love to challenge my abilities.

Part one of my plan is already in place as my tickets have arrived for the Joe Bonamassa gig at the Birmingham National Indoor Arena. Doors open at 18:30 and the gig starts at 19:30. I know now that I'm not going to make it by the start! Joe Bonamassa is currently one of the worlds leading blues and rock guitarists and a very professional musician who now does not need to have a warm up support band.

For those of you who don't know of him and there are some, here he is, courtesy of YouTube, playing live, one of my favourites, a combination of the instrumental 'India' (featured on his 'Slow Gin' album) which segues into 'Mountain Time' featured on his 'So its like that' album. The live version of the tunes also appear on his double album 'Live from nowhere in particular'


All that is required for part two of my day of stupidity is for the Fulham versus Norwich fixture to remain set and not be moved to another date. I will need to get tickets still for that, just as soon as they go on general sale to the public.

I think my transport conundrum has been sorted by the fact I have two friends signed up for the gig who can get me home. My plan is to catch a train from home to the match, then get a train from Euston to Birmingam. There's a fast train at 18:00 which gets me there just after 19:00. The land speed record from Craven Cottage to Kings Cross (one stop after Euston) is 48 minutes and the match finishes at 16:45.

Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment